Thursday, March 12, 2015

C4T #2 - Diane Dahl

In Diane Dahl's blog on fotheloveofteaching.net, my task for this week was to comment on her most recent post, which is from September 1, 2014. Below is my comment on Diane's blog:

"Hey! I'm an EDM310 student at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed your blog post and I agree that students and fellow teachers should be treated like that are at the top of the class. It promotes great feelings and gives encouragement for the students or teachers that may not feel on the top of everything!

Thank you!
Megan Shoultz"

"Five Big Ideas for Effective Teaching" by Donna Wilson and Marcus Conyers; book cover
Taken from Diane Dahl's blog post

On Diane's blog, I commented on her Math Monday post in which she explained that she gives her students time to explore their ways of addition at the start of the lesson. In her post, Diane included wonderful photos of her students various reasonings behind how they add. Below is my comment:

"Hey! I'm an EDM 310 student at the University of South Alabama. I love the photos that you added of your students and their different ways to explain their techniques of adding. As a student I remember my own struggles with adding and love that you have given your students 15 minutes of personal time to explore the different options. I feel that this is a great way to open up your students minds to different options."




No comments:

Post a Comment