Friday, January 16, 2015

Blog Post #1: What about EDM310?



I have heard good and bad things before starting this semester with EDM310 in my schedule. Most were more of warning than of bad statements about this class. One of my close friends warned me that if I did not have the time to commit to this class than I might want to wait to take the class. Some people told me that once the class was over with I would get the same feeling of accomplishment that they got from the class, which compelled me to continue on with the commitment of EDM310. That decision was not without fears of not being able to commit and use my time management to the maximum. The course load is so tremendous that a feeling of being overwhelmed is my main feeling in this first week.

EDM310 compared to my other classes while being in college is on a different level. The other classes I have taken so far in my career as a student do not compare to EDM310 in terms of course load, challenging, and overall excitement at learning all that I can learn from my professor, Dr. Lomax, the lab assistants, and my fellow classmates. The most difficult thing about this class that scares me down to the core is not being able to learn all that I can learn in this semester and taking the knowledge that I acquire onto my own teaching career. The way I plan on combatting this fear is to take notes, keep all the information that is given to me and plan to return back to the information when I feel like I have learned so much that I can not seem to remember anything.

A few questions I still have about EDM310 would have to be how to use a smart board, even though I know from a friend, who took this class last semester, that I would soon be a master at using a smart board and all of the programs that we learn about in class. When I was in elementary school, the most exciting part of the day was when we got to go to the board, which must be much more exciting for student in schools today when they are able to use such a technologically advanced piece of equipment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Megan!
    Your blog post was an interesting read, simply because I feel the exact same way. I have heard nightmares about EDM 310 and the work load is terrifying. Don’t worry about the Smart Board though, it’s easy to get the hang of. The only thing I would recommend would be to check over your punctuation and grammar a little more carefully next time!
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete